-   -   Userform.Hide not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/325405-userform-hide-not-working.html)

ExcelMonkey[_190_]

Userform.Hide not working

I have a routine which has a userform. I have a command
that sayss Userform.1.Hide which sometimes does not work
when I run the code. It works if I step through the
code. Why is this?

Tom Ogilvy

Userform.Hide not working

probaby because of the way you have written your code. Stepping through
the code does not enforce the same behavior. Do you have screenupdating set
to false?

Tom Ogilvy

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message
I have a routine which has a userform. I have a command
that sayss Userform.1.Hide which sometimes does not work
when I run the code. It works if I step through the
code. Why is this?

ExcelMonkey[_190_]

Userform.Hide not working

Yes my screen updating is set to False. But I thought
this only afffected the spreadsheet. Does having it =
False freeze forms as well?

probaby because of the way you have written your code.

Stepping through
the code does not enforce the same behavior. Do you have

screenupdating set
to false?

Tom Ogilvy

"ExcelMonkey" wrote

in message
I have a routine which has a userform. I have a command
that sayss Userform.1.Hide which sometimes does not work
when I run the code. It works if I step through the
code. Why is this?

.

Tom Ogilvy

Userform.Hide not working

With the screenupdating set to false and the userform showing, move the
userform around the screen manually. You should see a trail of old images -
so it impedes the update of the screen. I wouldn't exactly say it freezes
the userform although you might want to look at it that way.