-   -   if function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/325023-if-function.html)

TOM

if function

I have 2 columns, column A has 1000 rows with either NA or
a job number. In column B I would like to creat a function
that give the following result: If A1 contains NA then
return NA else return "Invoice" and drag this down for
the 1000 or so rows. CAn anyone please help. Thanks again
everyone.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

if function

=IF(ISNA(A1),A1,"Invoice")

--

HTH

RP

"tom" wrote in message
I have 2 columns, column A has 1000 rows with either NA or
a job number. In column B I would like to creat a function
that give the following result: If A1 contains NA then
return NA else return "Invoice" and drag this down for
the 1000 or so rows. CAn anyone please help. Thanks again
everyone.

Naomi

if function

If the 'NA' is a real error then the 3rd column should read
=if(iserror($A1),"NA","Invoice")

If it is the text 'NA' then =if($A1="NA","NA","Invoice")
then drag down.