-   -   Complex Data Validations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324961-complex-data-validations.html)

TC[_5_]

Complex Data Validations

Hello...

I am trying to create a form spreadsheet with many
different formulas and validations...

My stumping point is the following:

In Cells E43:E60 I have dropdown lists (each cell contains
the same list).

Cells E43:E60 - content: Validation - Dropdown list
(exact same list in all of these cells)

Cells N43:N60 - content: User entry cell for Qty.
Cells P43:P60 - content: Units
Cells S43:S60 - content: My problem (see below)
Cells Z43:Z60 - content: Formula for total cost

My problem:

I need a validation in the "S" cells to do the following:
When an item is selected in the dropdown list in E43 - I
need S43 to be less than or equal to a $$ amount.
Everything in the dropdown list has different MAX
allowable amounts - so to just enter one amount is not
going to work. I've been playing with the validation
formulas - but can't seem to get any to work in the entire
range needed.

TIA,
TC

TC[_5_]