-   -   Deleting tabs in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324955-deleting-tabs-excel.html)

[email protected]

Deleting tabs in Excel

Hi -

I have an Excel workbook with several tabs titled with #'s (Ex: 100,
205, 303, 544, etc.) Is it possible to create a macro that will delete
all the tabs except for a certain group? For example, I would want to
keep tab 205 and 303 but delete all the other ones.

Thanks
Stephen

Don Guillett[_4_]

Deleting tabs in Excel

for each ws in worksheets
if ws.name<"nameone" and ws.name<"name2" then ws.delete
next

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi -

I have an Excel workbook with several tabs titled with #'s (Ex: 100,
205, 303, 544, etc.) Is it possible to create a macro that will delete
all the tabs except for a certain group? For example, I would want to
keep tab 205 and 303 but delete all the other ones.

Thanks
Stephen

Dave Peterson[_5_]

Deleting tabs in Excel

You may want to look at the "select case" example in VBA's Help:

Dim wks As Worksheet
For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
Select Case LCase(wks.Name)
Case Is = "205", "303", "keepthis"
'do nothing
Case Else
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
wks.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Select
Next wks

You always have to have at least one visible sheet in the workbook--this code
didn't do any checking for that.