-   -   to call WebBrowser in a macro? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324859-call-webbrowser-macro.html)

Ross Wilcock

to call WebBrowser in a macro?

We are working on Excel code to make structured Contact records.
It would be useful to open a WebBrowser window for source text

I have not yet found suitable sample text for VBA and VBE under XP 2003.

One way might be to invoke a New Web Query - is there any code to do that?

Ross Wilcock

Tim Williams

to call WebBrowser in a macro?

What does "open a WebBrowser window for source text" mean?

Do you need a web browser to view html documents, or are you asking about
automating IE to perform some task?

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Ross Wilcock" wrote in message
We are working on Excel code to make structured Contact records.
It would be useful to open a WebBrowser window for source text

I have not yet found suitable sample text for VBA and VBE under XP 2003.

One way might be to invoke a New Web Query - is there any code to do that?

Ross Wilcock

Ross Wilcock

to call WebBrowser in a macro?

Thanks Tim for your reply. Sorry - busy learning!
I simplified the task to just open IExplorer by clicking a button. I
haven't found how to call IE from a macro yet.
Thanks for your interest.
Ross

Tim Williams

to call WebBrowser in a macro?

This will do what you want to start with....

Post again if you have more advanced requirements!

Tim.

Sub CreateAndLoad()

dim IE
Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer*.Application")
IE.Visible = True
IE.navigate "http://www.yahoo.com"

'wait while the page loads (optional)
Do While Not IE.readyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
Loop

End Sub