-   -   Charts with Xvalue and YValue? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324797-charts-xvalue-yvalue.html)

deko[_2_]

Charts with Xvalue and YValue?

If I create a chart manually, and try to add a second or third series, the
SourceData dialog displays only "Name and "Values" and "Category X axis
labels".

Someone sent me a chart with multiple series, and when I look at the
SourceData dialog, I see: "Name", "XValues" and "YValues".

What are XValues and YValues? How do I create a chart with an Xvalue and a
YValue?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Williams

Charts with Xvalue and YValue?

I think that would be a scatter chart. XValues are the horizontal
axis, YValues the vertical one.

Just use the Chart Wizard to create a scatter plot and record a macro
while doing so.

tim

"deko" wrote in message
om...
If I create a chart manually, and try to add a second or third
series, the
SourceData dialog displays only "Name and "Values" and "Category X
axis
labels".

Someone sent me a chart with multiple series, and when I look at the
SourceData dialog, I see: "Name", "XValues" and "YValues".

What are XValues and YValues? How do I create a chart with an
Xvalue and a
YValue?

Thanks in advance.

deko[_2_]

Charts with Xvalue and YValue?

I think that would be a scatter chart. XValues are the horizontal
axis, YValues the vertical one.

Just use the Chart Wizard to create a scatter plot and record a macro
while doing so.

10-4

thanks for the tip