-   -   Identify Full Path of Opened Excel Workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324657-identify-full-path-opened-excel-workbook.html)

monir

Identify Full Path of Opened Excel Workbook

In a VBA Excel macro, how can I identify the full path of "this" opened
workbook test1.xls, and then use it to open another file test2.xls at the
same location ?

Will the procedure change the current folder in the File menu ?

Thank you.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Identify Full Path of Opened Excel Workbook

Activeworkbook.Path

--

HTH

RP

"monir" wrote in message
In a VBA Excel macro, how can I identify the full path of "this" opened
workbook test1.xls, and then use it to open another file test2.xls at the
same location ?

Will the procedure change the current folder in the File menu ?

Thank you.

Dana DeLouis[_3_]

Identify Full Path of Opened Excel Workbook

Here's one of a few ways:

Sub Demo()
Dim v
Dim WbToOpen
Dim ps As String

ps = Application.PathSeparator

v = Split(ThisWorkbook.FullName, ps)
v(UBound(v)) = "Test2.xls"
WbToOpen = Join(v, ps)
' etc...
End Sub

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"monir" wrote in message
In a VBA Excel macro, how can I identify the full path of "this" opened
workbook test1.xls, and then use it to open another file test2.xls at the
same location ?

Will the procedure change the current folder in the File menu ?

Thank you.

Tim Williams

Identify Full Path of Opened Excel Workbook

workbooks.open thisworkbook.path & "\test2.xls"

Tim

"monir" wrote in message
In a VBA Excel macro, how can I identify the full path of "this"
opened
workbook test1.xls, and then use it to open another file test2.xls
at the
same location ?

Will the procedure change the current folder in the File menu ?

Thank you.

Tom Ogilvy

Identify Full Path of Opened Excel Workbook

sPath = Activeworkbook.Path

Tom Ogilvy

"monir" wrote in message
In a VBA Excel macro, how can I identify the full path of "this" opened
workbook test1.xls, and then use it to open another file test2.xls at the
same location ?

Will the procedure change the current folder in the File menu ?

Thank you.

monir

Identify Full Path of Opened Excel Workbook

Bob, Dana, Tim, Tom;

Very helpful! Thank you all.