-   -   Open Workbooks Return (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324613-open-workbooks-return.html)

Trent Argante

Open Workbooks Return

How do I programmically return the currently open workbooks so as to load a
ComboBox?
--
Trent Argante
[DC.J(192)]

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

Open Workbooks Return

Here is how to get the workbooks...

Sub ListBooks()
Dim wbk As Workbook

For Each wbk In Workbooks
MsgBox wbk.Name
Next wbk
End Sub

Load the combo box where the message box currently lives. This will only
look at one instance of Excel. If the user were to open two copies of Excel
you would only get the workbooks from this one instance. Dealing with two
instances of Excel is distinctly difficult.

HTH

"Trent Argante" wrote:

How do I programmically return the currently open workbooks so as to load a
ComboBox?
--
Trent Argante
[DC.J(192)]

Trent Argante

Open Workbooks Return

Jim,
Thanks a bunch! I totally had my thinking cap off. Thanks for rattling the
brain for me.
Trent

"Trent Argante" wrote:

How do I programmically return the currently open workbooks so as to load a
ComboBox?
--
Trent Argante
[DC.J(192)]

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

Open Workbooks Return

Don't feel bad. My brain rattles at the best of times... Just ask my wife. :)

Glad to help...