Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete Rows based on number of instances

I have a very large amount of data to wade through, and am only really
proficient at using Excel (not access).

I 3 columns of data, and the 3rd column can be repeated row by row. I want
to identify where there are more than 500 (or a definable number) rows with
the same part number, and delete the entire rows. All programs I have seen
so far delete duplictes, I need to maintain duplicates but delete mass
duplication only based on a defined number.

Data will look like this befo

A-2103-0121-0A Y A-2053-7531-01
A-2064-0034-0B Y A-2053-7531-01
A-2033-0702-03 Y M-2033-0973-01
A-2034-0004-03 Y M-2033-0973-01
A-2034-0005-03 Y M-2033-0973-01

If defined number of duplicates to keep was 2 or more say, then only top 2
rows remain. If defined number of duplictes was 3 or more say, then all
data would remain.

HELP?