-   -   Backing up my folders (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324473-backing-up-my-folders.html)

Greg B[_4_]

Backing up my folders

Hi all,

Just wondering how I can back up a complete directory folder containing all
the .xls files I have. I have setup a macro that save certain file and back
them up but I would like to have the complete file copied and saved into
I:\backup\with today's date as the folder name.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks

Greg

fred

Backing up my folders

Greg, you could try this.

Sub Archive(YourDir As String)
Dim ArchiveDir As String
Dim thisFile As String

'Create the archive Directory
ArchiveDir = "I:\Backup\" & Format(Date, "dd-mm-yyyy")
If Dir(ArchiveDir, vbDirectory) = "" Then MkDir ArchiveDir

'Copy the files
thisFile = Dir(YourDir & "\*.xls")
While thisFile < ""
FileCopy YourDir & thisFile, ArchiveDir & "\" & thisFile
thisFile = Dir
Wend
End Sub

Good luck,
Fred

"Greg B" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just wondering how I can back up a complete directory folder containing

all
the .xls files I have. I have setup a macro that save certain file and

back
them up but I would like to have the complete file copied and saved into
I:\backup\with today's date as the folder name.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks

Greg

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Backing up my folders

Greg,

The ubiquitous FileSystemObject is one way

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub CopyFolder()
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dim oFSO As Object
Dim sFolder As String

sFolder = "I:\Backup\"
If Not oFSO.FolderExists(sFolder) Then
MkDir sFolder
End If
If Not oFSO.FolderExists(sFolder & Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd")) Then
MkDir sFolder & Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd")
End If
oFSO.CopyFolder "C:\myTest\*", sFolder & "\"
Set oFSO = Nothing

HTH

RP