-   -   hyperlink to UPS tracking web site (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324349-hyperlink-ups-tracking-web-site.html)

cbrah

hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

I need to enter a UPS tracking number into a cell and then create a hyperlink
that concantinates the tracking address and the cell contents. any
suggestions?

Tim Williams

hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

No idea what the tracking URL is like but this might do the job

=HYPERLINK("http://ups.com?trackingnumber=" & A1, "Track")

Where your tracking number is in A1

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"cbrah" wrote in message
I need to enter a UPS tracking number into a cell and then create a

hyperlink
that concantinates the tracking address and the cell contents. any
suggestions?

cbrah

hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

Thanks, that seems to do it. Any suggestions on how I can automate this
hyperlinking, so that I can enter (Scan in) a tracking number and have the
hyperlink automatically concantinate the web address and the number. This is
what I'm building as the correct URL:
"1za33f211346428299" - is what is seen in the cell. It is also what I have
optically scanned from the airbill.
"
http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi?TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&InquiryNumber1= 1za33f211346428299" - is the hyperlink address.

I'll have a dozen or so a day, so if I can automate the process it will help.

"cbrah" wrote in message
I need to enter a UPS tracking number into a cell and then create a

hyperlink
that concantinates the tracking address and the cell contents. any
suggestions?

Tim Williams

hyperlink to UPS tracking web site

=IF(isblank(A1),"",HYPERLINK("http://ups.com?trackingnumber=" & A1,
"Track"))

will only display a hyperlink if there is a tracking number.

How are you entering the tracking numbers? You could add some code to the
worksheet_change event to insert new links when new numbers appear.

Tim.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA