Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Call Subx for excel 97 Add-In subroutine

I've looked at the web sites re add-ins and excel 97 but I must be
missing something. To call a subroutine in the add-in, I still
have to use Application.Run.

My Add-in is Addin1.xla.
It is checked in the Tools/Addins dialog.
It loads when I start excel (I see
VBAProject(Addin1.xla) in the ProjectExplorer).
ThisWorkBook/IsAddin is True.
The sheets are hidden/invisible.
Subroutine ASub1 is in Module1:
Public Sub ASub1()
msgbox "ASub1"
End Sub

On a new workbook, in Module1:
Application.Run "Addin1!asub1" ' works
Application.Run "asub1" ' works
call asub1 ' gives 'Sub or Function not defined'

Isn't this supposed to work for an Add-In?

TIA, Dave