-   -   Can Not Add a Reference to a Procedure (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324251-can-not-add-reference-procedure.html)

GordonC

Can Not Add a Reference to a Procedure

I have Excel XP, and I want to reference a procedure (dll) in the VBE created
by me using Visual Studio .Net XP. I tried Tools | References, and I
received the message "Can't add a reference to the specified file." What
are legitimate references? Should I create the *.dll reference as an
Automation Add-In? The Visual Studio Help states that the Add-Ins are for
other Visual Studio projects.

Thanks,

Gordon
--
Gordon Clark

Fredrik Wahlgren

"GordonC" wrote in message
I have Excel XP, and I want to reference a procedure (dll) in the VBE

created
by me using Visual Studio .Net XP. I tried Tools | References, and I
received the message "Can't add a reference to the specified file." What
are legitimate references? Should I create the *.dll reference as an
Automation Add-In? The Visual Studio Help states that the Add-Ins are

for
other Visual Studio projects.

Thanks,

Gordon
--
Gordon Clark

What kind of dll is it that you have made? What is it supposed to do?

/Fredrik

GordonC

Can Not Add a Reference to a Procedure

Fredrik:

The dll was created using C#.Net. It has procedures that take numerical
values and return numerical value. It does caluculations.

Gordon