-   -   ODBC database access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324101-odbc-database-access.html)

ooo[_2_]

ODBC database access

I would like to query the Oracle database using ODBC on an Excel
spreadsheet, and put the result in a recordset. However, when I compose the
program in the VB, it didn't recognise the Database and Recordset datatype.

I found many solutions on the web that would use the Database and Recordset
types. I also found that there were many other examples that used the ODBC
functions like SQLBind, SQLExecQuery, SQLOpen and SQLRetrieve, etc.

I am using Excel 2002 with Visual Basic 6.0 as Visual Basic Editor. Would
you please kindly tell me if there is any components that I have to install
before using the functions? And would you please kindly show me the way for
retrieving the data in a recordset from Oracle database?

Thank you very much.