-   -   I Need VBA Assistance looking for End of a file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324085-i-need-vba-assistance-looking-end-file.html)

Brent E

I Need VBA Assistance looking for End of a file

Good afternoon,

I need to know a VBA command that will look at all cells in Column B until
end of file or EOF. I tried DO UNTIL ... EOF, but didn't seem to work. Any
suggestions? Thanks.

Jim Thomlinson[_3_]

I Need VBA Assistance looking for End of a file

Here is some fairly straightforward code. You can use rngCurrentSpot the same
as you would use Activecell.

Private Sub Traverse()
Dim lngLastRow As Long
Dim rngCurrentSpot As Range

lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Range("A65535").End(xlUp).Row
Set rngCurrentSpot = ActiveSheet.Range("A2")
Do While rngCurrentSpot.Row <= lngLastRow
MsgBox rngCurrentSpot
Set rngCurrentSpot = rngCurrentSpot.Offset(1, 0)
Loop
End Sub

There are lots of other ways to do this that you might want to investigate
including:
SpecialCells(xlLastCell)
UsedRange

HTH

"Brent E" wrote:

Good afternoon,

I need to know a VBA command that will look at all cells in Column B until
end of file or EOF. I tried DO UNTIL ... EOF, but didn't seem to work. Any
suggestions? Thanks.

Myrna Larson

I Need VBA Assistance looking for End of a file

Don't confuse EOF -- which refers to the end of a disk file -- with the end of
the data in a worksheet column.