-   -   How do I return cells that are "adjacent" to the return in a funct (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324081-how-do-i-return-cells-adjacent-return-funct.html)

BAM718

How do I return cells that are "adjacent" to the return in a funct

I have a spreadsheet containing many columns of data. Below the data, I have
used the "LARGE" AND "SMALL" functions to reference every 4th Column, and
provide me with the "Top 5 Numbers" and the "Bottom 5 Numbers in that
particular column, within a particular range.

If one of the "Top 5 Numbers" in the range now sits in cell D200, but it
originated from cell D8, how can I simply return the data that sits adjacent
to it (A8, B8, C8)in cells A200, B200, C200?

MICROSOFT OFFICE EXCEL 2003

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

How do I return cells that are "adjacent" to the return in a funct

For your 1st Largest column A:
=INDEX($A$1:$A$100, MATCH(LARGE($D$1:$D$100, 1), $D$1:$D$100, 0))