-   -   Variable in event handles can't be used in module?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324079-variable-event-handles-cant-used-module.html)

Jan Grinwis

Variable in event handles can't be used in module??

This must be simple but I was unable to find how to do.

In the event handler I use a variable

Option Explicit
Public var1 As String
Dim status As String
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforerightClick(ByVal Target _
As Excel.Range, Cancel As Boolean)

If Target.Column < 22 Then Exit Sub
If Target.row < 5 Then Exit Sub

If ActiveCell.Value = "" Then
ActiveCell.Value = "1"
status = "1"
End If
Var1 = Worksheets("maandag").Cells(Target.row, 28)
Check_status
End Sub

In the module it goes like:

Sub Check_status()
MsgBox var1
End Sub

Problem is that the var1 is not present in the module, can someone help me...

Thanks in advance

Jan Grinwis

Tom Ogilvy

Variable in event handles can't be used in module??

Assume that Var1 is declared in the sheet module for sheet1 (codename
sheet1)

Sub Check_status()
MsgBox sheet1.var1

Tom Ogilvy