-   -   Removing semicolons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/324009-removing-semicolons.html)

JA[_3_]

Removing semicolons

I have successfully cleaned my data up to the point
where ";" is are now at the beginning and end of the
field. Please I need a macros (Office XP)to clean up this
huge database.

For example:

;PM;LE; to become PM;LE

;QM to become QM

LE;QM; to become LE;QM

[email protected]

Removing semicolons

Can you use something along the lines of:-

i = 1
Do
Target = Range("D" & i)
TargetLength = Len(Target)
CharLeft = Left(Target, 1)
CharRight = Right(Target, 1)

If CharLeft = ";" Then Target = Right(Target, Len(Target) - 1)
If CharRight = ";" Then Target = Left(Target, Len(Target) - 1)

Range("D" & i) = Target
i = i + 1
Loop

David

Removing semicolons

Hi Ja,
If it is already in Excel do a Find/Replace, replace all. Pretty fast and
easy, no code.
Thanks