-   -   Excel Charting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/323742-excel-charting.html)

Paul Smith[_4_]

Excel Charting

I am trying to chart data for each day of the week except Sunday.

I am using a stacked bar graph with volume on the y axis and the date
along the bottom.

My week runs Friday to Thursday.

My problem: In my data series I have six slots (Fri, Sat, Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu) and these are dates. When I chart these I get a x value for
Sunday. Sunday's date is not present bit it appears.

I can only assume this is because the X Axis' scale has set itself to
days, as the A axis series are indeed dates.

How can I just chart the six days for whgich I am entering Data??????

Robin Hammond[_2_]

Excel Charting

Paul,

I think it is

objChart.Axes(xlCategory).CategoryType = xlCategoryScale

Excel seems to default to xlTimeScale or xlAutomatic for this property,
either of which will pick up that there are dates present and add
intervening dates (very annoyingly).

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com