-   -   Compare two ranges in a worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/323655-compare-two-ranges-worksheet.html)

Bhavtosh

Compare two ranges in a worksheet

I have two SQL queries pasted in a worksheet and i want to compare these 2
SQLS and highlight the difference with a color.

can u anyone suggest a solution cause im badly stuck and not able to progress?
--
thanx..
Bhavtosh

JE McGimpsey

Compare two ranges in a worksheet

Take a look at

http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

In article ,
"Bhavtosh" wrote:

I have two SQL queries pasted in a worksheet and i want to compare these 2
SQLS and highlight the difference with a color.

can u anyone suggest a solution cause im badly stuck and not able to progress?

Myrna Larson

Compare two ranges in a worksheet

Excel wasn't really intended as a tool to generate differences between 2 text
files. There are programs available that will do that, however. MS's WINDIFF,
which, AIR, comes with some versions of Office, comes to mind.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:43:03 -0800, "Bhavtosh"
wrote:

I have two SQL queries pasted in a worksheet and i want to compare these 2
SQLS and highlight the difference with a color.

can u anyone suggest a solution cause im badly stuck and not able to

progress?

Bhavtosh

Compare two ranges in a worksheet

thanx for prompt reply. actualy i wanted to do this in a macro so that my
addin can have this feature... any help on this wud of help.

thanx
bahvtosh

wrote:

I have two SQL queries pasted in a worksheet and i want to compare these 2
SQLS and highlight the difference with a color.

can u anyone suggest a solution cause im badly stuck and not able to

progress?

Myrna Larson

Compare two ranges in a worksheet

This is NOT a trivial task -- whether to ignore changes in whitespace or not;
whether to ignore case, etc; identifying whether a group of "different" lines
represent lines that have been inserted, or lines that have been deleted, or
lines that have been moved, etc.