-   -   Which language will be suitable for excel programming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/323502-language-will-suitable-excel-programming.html)

[email protected]

Which language will be suitable for excel programming

Hi friends,
I want to make a tool, which can be used to read data from excel
spread sheets and apply data validation rules on columns. I also want
to do mapping of data from one excel sheet to another excel sheet by
using this application.
Can anyone suggest me which language will be suitable to make a
application for this purpose.At present, I am comfortable with VC++.
But I can work in C# or VC++.net also.

Thanks and regards,
Rachit

Nick Hodge

Which language will be suitable for excel programming

Rachit

Either language can be used. You may want to check out VSTO (Visual studio
tools for Office) that *should* give you help using Excel through those
languages.

Can this application not be built in VBA though? Does it specifically need
the C# or C++ wrapper?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge