-   -   'ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename' (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/323211-activeworkbook-saveas-filename.html)

TOMB

'ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename'

Is there a maximum number of charactors that VBA will recognize for
'ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename'?

I have code which used to update several (excel) files then save them to a
network file server. We have recently been required to migrate to a new
network directory/folder structure which contains 160 plus charactor naming
convention. I have made the appropriate changes to point to the new location,
but now I get an error which shuts down Excel.

Could the length of the file server/folder name be too long for Excel/VBA to
recognize?

Thanks for any insights

- -TB- -

Tom Ogilvy

'ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename'

Path length File

I think the limit is 255 or perhaps less. Apparently less based on the
following

"Filename Is Not Valid" Error Saving or Opening File
Tom Ogilvy

"TOMB" wrote in message
Is there a maximum number of charactors that VBA will recognize for
'ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename'?

I have code which used to update several (excel) files then save them to a
network file server. We have recently been required to migrate to a new
network directory/folder structure which contains 160 plus charactor

naming
convention. I have made the appropriate changes to point to the new

location,
but now I get an error which shuts down Excel.

Could the length of the file server/folder name be too long for Excel/VBA

recognize?

Thanks for any insights

- -TB- -

TOMB