-   -   VB msg box - can it have a title? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/322211-vbulletin-msg-box-can-have-title.html)

StargateFan[_3_]

VB msg box - can it have a title?

In a message box that a user pulls up with a macro, can that box have
a title? Currently there is a generic title in the title bar of the
box.

Thanks.

Andy Pope

VB msg box - can it have a title?

Hi,

The syntax as detailed in help.

MsgBox(prompt[, buttons] [, title] [, helpfile, context])

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Markus Scheible[_2_]

VB msg box - can it have a title?

Hi unknown,

yould you please post your name in the future? TIA.

In a message box that a user pulls up with a macro, can

that box have
a title? Currently there is a generic title in the title

bar of the
box.

Yes it can, use: MsgBox "your message", vbOKOnly, "your
Title"

Best

Markus

Thanks.
.

StargateFan[_3_]

VB msg box - can it have a title?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 04:54:20 -0800, "Markus Scheible"
wrote:

Hi unknown,

yould you please post your name in the future? TIA.

Who is the "unknown"? Just curious.

In a message box that a user pulls up with a macro, can

that box have
a title? Currently there is a generic title in the title

bar of the
box.

Yes it can, use: MsgBox "your message", vbOKOnly, "your
Title"

Thanks! This worked beautifully!

I used this just now:

MsgBox "This macro pulls up a message box for the user. Use the
coding in this macro in future when you need this type of thing.",
vbOKOnly, "Message Box macro example"

The above is the macro; I assigned this macro before to an example
button and have it as a template in an XL2K examples folder so that I
can call it up whenever I'm doing up a spreadsheet that needs to
impart info to the user.

I have an icon with a question mark that when the user clicks on it,
can read any help info contained in the message box.

Thanks much!

Best

Markus

Thanks.
.

StargateFan[_3_]

VB msg box - can it have a title?

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:47:40 +0000, Andy Pope
wrote:

Hi,

The syntax as detailed in help.

MsgBox(prompt[, buttons] [, title] [, helpfile, context])

Hi, my message box isn't the usu. one. Yes, I saw this in the help
file. I just needed to know how to make a help or info message box.
Since I'm not a programmer, it can be so difficult to modify things
from the help file in order to make them work.

The solution is very simple, as seems to usu. be the case. My message
box macro looks now like this in my message box macro example file:

MsgBox "This macro pulls up a message box for the user. Use the
coding in this macro in future when you need this type of thing.",
vbOKOnly, "Message Box macro example"

I have the above macro associated to a button in this example template
so that I can call up this coding whenever I need it in the future.

Thanks.

Cheers
Andy