-   -   How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321972-how-do-i-use-password-protect-excel-file-peeping-eyes.html)

Fat Cat

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?

Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password
prevent others from openning at all, I tried the ProtectProtect workbook,
but
it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Dave Peterson[_5_]

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?

Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name).

Then on that dialog
Tools|General Options|provide a password to open
(xl2002 wording)

I think it was:
tools|Options
in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog)

--

Dave Peterson