-   -   Auotomating Hyperlink? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321899-auotomating-hyperlink.html)

Mike

Auotomating Hyperlink?

Hi everyone:

Say I have a 2D matrix, or x-y matrix liks this:

March April May
1
2
3

Say March, April, and May are cells in a different sheet.

Now,

If I highlight 2-April cell, for example, I want to be linked to
"April" cell in that different sheet. And so on for other.

I know how to do hyperlinking but that is NOT what I am asking. I have
here what you might call "Conditional Hyperlink" that I would like to
have.

Is this doable? Any other way?

Thanks,
Mike

Jake Marx[_3_]

Auotomating Hyperlink?

Hi Mike,

A formula like this may do what you are looking for:

=HYPERLINK("[Book1.xls]'" & $A2 & "'!" & B$1,"link")

Change Book1.xls to whatever your workbook name is.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com