Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default F8 and Yellow pattern for compile error

Hi,

When I get an error, the offending line in my code would be having a streak
of yellow pattern.

As is my habit, I would make a minor change (I play a game of odd-man-out in
recursive mode with VBA) to the code Line and herein lies my doubt.

a) Sometimes when I make the change I would get the deadly message box
(vbokcancel) something on the following lines "Project needs to be RESET."

b) And rest of the times VBA would be very kind and would allow the change
in the code line, WITHOUT Resetting and I can continue with the code
execution (unless more errors pop up in the same line)

Whats the logic for the above behaviour. Can I predict in what kind of
changes , VBA would reset my project and when it would not.

Please guide me.

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India