-   -   How to Determine PrintJob is Finished with VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321811-how-determine-printjob-finished-vba.html)

SFatz

How to Determine PrintJob is Finished with VBA

I would like to change the format on certain cells on a worksheet when a
user prints the worksheet. Then, after the print is complete, I would like
to restore the formatting back to its original state. I can add code to the
BeforePrint event to change the format, but am having problems restoring the
format as there is no AfterPrint event.

Does anyone have an idea or tip to use for cases like this.

Thank you in advance.

Tom Ogilvy

How to Determine PrintJob is Finished with VBA

In beforeprint

make you changes
disable events
issue a command to print
enable evens
change back
' now cancel the original print command
cancel = true
End beforeprint event.

The disadvantage is there is no easy way to differentiate a print preview
from a print command, and both fire the beforeprint event - so you would
force a print when the user only wants a print preview

Tom Ogilvy

"SFatz" wrote in message
I would like to change the format on certain cells on a worksheet when a
user prints the worksheet. Then, after the print is complete, I would

like
to restore the formatting back to its original state. I can add code to

the
BeforePrint event to change the format, but am having problems restoring

the
format as there is no AfterPrint event.

Does anyone have an idea or tip to use for cases like this.

Thank you in advance.

SFatz

How to Determine PrintJob is Finished with VBA

Thanks a bunch Tom.
The part that I was missing was to disable the events before the printout
command.
Now it works as expected.
Thanks again.