-   -   hide macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321750-hide-macro.html)

GM[_4_]

hide macro

Ho to all,
i have two macro. The first is set by workbook.open, the secon is called
from the first and is placed in module1.
I want to hide both so the user cannot see them from the excel sheet.
What the solution?

JulieD

hide macro

Hi GM

if i'm understanding your question correctly, go into the VBE window (Alt &
F11) and click on the project name, now right mouse click and choose
VBAProject Properties, go to the protection tab and tick "locked for
viewing" and enter a password (twice) click OK

when the book is closed and reopened you will not be able to view the code
without the password. However, please note, that protection in excel is
relatively easy to break.

Cheers
JulieD