-   -   Worksheet Change Event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321626-worksheet-change-event.html)

Steph[_3_]

Worksheet Change Event

Hello. How can I have a worksheet_Change event trigger only when certain
cells (more specifically - when a cell with a certain range of cells) are
changed? Thanks!

Paolo De Laurentiis

Worksheet Change Event

I don't think it is possible: the range object doesn't have any event that
can be triggered.
You have to understand what range generated the event inside the
worksheet_change event.

Paolo

"Steph" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hello. How can I have a worksheet_Change event trigger only when certain
cells (more specifically - when a cell with a certain range of cells) are
changed? Thanks!

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Worksheet Change Event

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C1:C5")) Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Changed!"

Take care because Target may not always be just the single cell.

"Steph" wrote in message
Hello. How can I have a worksheet_Change event trigger only when certain
cells (more specifically - when a cell with a certain range of cells) are
changed? Thanks!

Chip[_3_]

Worksheet Change Event

What are the cells?

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
MsgBox ("ACTIVE")
Else

Chip[_3_]

Worksheet Change Event

Ooh..his is better.

Steph[_3_]

Worksheet Change Event

Thanks so much Rob! Can I ask a follow up to your post on the other message
I posted regarding the "before event"?

You posted "You must store the value separately as the cell changes so you
can refer to
the value at next change." How would I go about doing that? My goal in
this is to create a change log on a worksheet that multiple people will be
changing. Thanks again for your help!!

"Steph" wrote in message
Hello. How can I have a worksheet_Change event trigger only when

certain
cells (more specifically - when a cell with a certain range of cells)

are
changed? Thanks!

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Worksheet Change Event

You're welcome.

You should really stick to the original thread.

I've never done change tracking this way before. I'm concerned I couldn't
capture every change - I could be wrong..

If I were to give it a serious go, I might create a two column table. First
row for cell address, Second row for previous value. Kind of like a
transaction log.
I'd recommend using Excel's built in Track Changes feature.