-   -   How to Open file as read only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321488-how-open-file-read-only.html)

helen

How to Open file as read only

I want to open a file as read only and get some data from. However when I use
the follwoing code and someone already has the file open, it is as if I
never specified read only in the VBA Code.

If Dir(MyPath & LE_Actuals & "\" & Arr(i)) < "" Then
Workbooks.Open (MyPath & LE_Actuals & Arr(i)), 0, ReadOnly = True
ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).Visible = False

Tom Ogilvy

How to Open file as read only

as written you are comparing the uninitialized variable ReadOnly to the
boolean value True. For named arguments you use colon equal

ReadOnly:=True

Tom Ogilvy