-   -   Calculation problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321475-calculation-problem.html)

Ajtb

Calculation problem

Hi
I experienced an unusual problem with this instruction below. It worked
fine on two computer systems but came up with
The calculation method failed, run time error '1004' on a third system,
running the latest version of Excel.

Sheets("Data").Range("A58:AF59").Calculate

Events are turned off and the range only contains simple formulas.

Any ideas ?

TIA

Andrew Bourke

Charles Williams

Calculation problem

Hi Andrew,

There is a list of known problems with Range.calculate at
http://www.decisionModels.com/calcsecretsg.htm

You probably have hit one of these

regards
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Ajtb" wrote in message
Hi
I experienced an unusual problem with this instruction below. It worked
fine on two computer systems but came up with
The calculation method failed, run time error '1004' on a third system,
running the latest version of Excel.

Sheets("Data").Range("A58:AF59").Calculate

Events are turned off and the range only contains simple formulas.

Any ideas ?

TIA

Andrew Bourke

Ajtb

Calculation problem

Thanks for the advice Charles. I had calculation set to manual and
iteration enabled which apparently upsets Excel 2002.

Regards

Andrew B

Charles Williams

Calculation problem

Range.Calculate has always ignored iteration, it just didnt complain until
2002 ...