-   -   get the data from the last row with data I am trying to get the da (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321416-get-data-last-row-data-i-am-trying-get-da.html)

Fred Tuck

get the data from the last row with data I am trying to get the da

-- I am trying to get the data from the last cell with data in the middle of
a column:
such as column J2:J255 and i need to examine J45:J85 and find the data in
the last cell, from the bottom of that particular subset and it may vary from
day to day IE today it acutally maybe J85, tommorrow it may be J79. I need a
formula as opposed to a macro. Any ideas?
Fred Tuck

Dave Peterson[_5_]

get the data from the last row with data I am trying to get the da

How about:
=LOOKUP(2,1/(LEN(J45:J85)0),J45:J85)
or
=IF(COUNTA(J45:J85)=0,"None!",LOOKUP(2,1/(LEN(J45:J85)0),J45:J85))

Since you wanted a formula solution, why not post in .worksheet.functions?

--

Dave Peterson

Fred Tuck

get the data from the last row with data I am trying to get th

Thanks for your help--I will try it asap--also I am new to the group and did
not read the choices throughly but I am glad you pointed it out--thanks again.

Kyler Lunman

Fred Tuck wrote:

-- I am trying to get the data from the last cell with data in the middle of
a column:
such as column J2:J255 and i need to examine J45:J85 and find the data in
the last cell, from the bottom of that particular subset and it may vary from
day to day IE today it acutally maybe J85, tommorrow it may be J79. I need a
formula as opposed to a macro. Any ideas?
Fred Tuck

--

Dave Peterson

Fred Tuck

get the data from the last row with data I am trying to get th

Dave it work great--many thanks and thanks for the tip!!

Regards
Kyler