-   -   Formatting convention for code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321344-formatting-convention-code.html)

Jimbola

Formatting convention for code

Hi everyone,

Please can someone point me to where I can find a guide or something
similiar on formatting code. At the moment I seem to have tabs all over the
place making my code very unreadable (just like my handwriting..or so I'm
told) :-)

Many Thanks

Jim

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Formatting convention for code

I have key words which I indent on.

These are
Sub, Function, Property, For, Do, While, If, With, Select, Case

I think that's all of them.

"Jimbola" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Please can someone point me to where I can find a guide or something
similiar on formatting code. At the moment I seem to have tabs all over
the
place making my code very unreadable (just like my handwriting..or so I'm
told) :-)

Many Thanks

Jim

Rob[_23_]

Formatting convention for code

Jim,

Many beginner VB books cover naming conventions and formatting. You can
also do a search on google (VBA Naming conventions; vba solid code writing).

I found this site after browsing for only a few seconds:
http://www.geekgirls.com/vba_techniques.htm I think it's what you are
looking for.

Hope this helps

Rob