-   -   Input Data from user in correct Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321157-input-data-user-correct-format.html)

Tricia

Input Data from user in correct Format

I would like to be able to prompt the user to enter a date and place this
information in a cell (with a number format which has category Custom and
Type "dd/mm/yyyy" .

I tried the following code, however if the user enters 7/2/05 it will appear
in the cell as 2/7/05:

Message = "Enter the start date for the report"
Title = "Start Date"
Default = "7/2/05"
StartDate = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)

Sheets("Weekly").Select
Range("G5").Select
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = StartDate

Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Tom Ogilvy

Input Data from user in correct Format

Dim dtStart as Date, Message as String, Title as String
Dim StartDate as String
Message = "Enter the start date for the report"
Title = "Start Date"
StartDate = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)

If isdate(StartDate) then
dtStart = cDate(StartDate)
With Sheets("Weekly").Range("G5")
.NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"