-   -   Comparing columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321138-comparing-columns.html)

Andy

Comparing columns

Hi,

Can somebody please advise me on how to do the following in Excel:

Compare a set of values (text) in column A with a set of values (text) in
column B (no necessarily in line with each other) and output any differences
to any of the following:
- Column C
- Another worksheet in the same workbook
- a text file

Thanks

Andy

Nigel

Comparing columns

Hi, When you say you want to see the output (wherever it is to go) - what
output are you looking for?

If the data in two columns is to be cross matched, you will possibly end up
with a number of scenarios of matches, non-matches on same row, different
rows and possibly multiple rows.

What should column C contain?

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Andy" wrote in message
.co.uk...
Hi,

Can somebody please advise me on how to do the following in Excel:

Compare a set of values (text) in column A with a set of values (text) in
column B (no necessarily in line with each other) and output any

differences
to any of the following:
- Column C
- Another worksheet in the same workbook
- a text file

Thanks

Andy

Norman Jones

Comparing columns

Hi Andy,

See Chip Pearson's Duplicates and Unique Values page.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates

Look in particular at the last two sections on that page.

---
Regards,
Norman