-   -   workbook.close savechanges:=True problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321117-workbook-close-savechanges-%3Dtrue-problem.html)

Dave the Wave

workbook.close savechanges:=True problem

Hi:

I have a workbook that opens up other workbooks, transfer some data, then
closes the workbook using VBA.

VBA Closing statement:

wbkAnnual.close SaveChanges:=True, Filename:="BlahBlah.xls"
note: wbkAnnual is a workbook object

According to the documentation I've read, including the "savechanges:
=filename" text to the close command prevents the "Save Changes Yes/No"
dialog window from appearing. I vaguely remember this method working
before, but not on this present workbook. Every time a workbook is closed
by VBA the "Save Changes" dialog window appears.

Is there a condition/s that overrides the "savechanges:=True" command?

Does this only apply when the book being closed is the one that contains
the VBA code?

Any information will be greatly apreciated. Thanks!!

Nick Hodge

workbook.close savechanges:=True problem

Dave

As I presume you are using automation across office or even from another
language, you could try

xlApp.DisplayAlerts=False

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Nick Hodge" wrote in news:
:

Dave

As I presume you are using automation across office or even from

another
language, you could try

xlApp.DisplayAlerts=False

First, I would like to thank you for your response.

The entire application runs inside 1 instance of Excel. I originally
tried turning off the "DisplayAlerts", but Excel would raise an error
and not save the file. I removed the "DisplayAlerts=False" line -but
left in the "SaveChanges:=True"- which caused the Save yes/no dialog
window to show up. If I click Yes, everything works fine. So that is how
I have left it at this time, but it bugs me when I don't understand what
is going on.

The Workbook which contains the VBA code is a small file (194k). The
files that are controlled by the code are very large 6MB/ea. The large
files contain very detailed quality information over the span of a
calender year. There are over 20 worksheets, 14 charts, and hundreds if
not thousands of equations in each 6MB file. I have seen some very
strange behavior when exceeding Excel's limitations. This issue is so
repeatable that I don't think the file size is the problem. I process
only one large file at a time to avoid any memory issues.

If you have any additional thoughts I would be happy to hear them.

Thsnkd again.

Dave the wave

Nick Hodge

workbook.close savechanges:=True problem

Dave

Could you paste a little more of the code?

--

: