-   -   .Net Add-in needs to catch cell edits prior to committing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321052-net-add-needs-catch-cell-edits-prior-committing.html)

No Name

.Net Add-in needs to catch cell edits prior to committing

I have a .net addin which adds it's own command bar. I
want to catch when a cell is mid-edit and prevent my
menus from running until the edit is commited or
cancelled.

But I can't see a way to do this from the excel object
model.

Is this possible?

Allan[_6_]

.Net Add-in needs to catch cell edits prior to committing

To catch if the user is mid-edit - I'm setting

application.interactive=false

and catching if there is com interop error; but surely
theres a better way to verify cell editing.

I have a .net addin which adds it's own command bar. I
want to catch when a cell is mid-edit and prevent my
menus from running until the edit is commited or
cancelled.

But I can't see a way to do this from the excel object
model.

Is this possible?
.

Jens Thiel[_2_]

.Net Add-in needs to catch cell edits prior to committing

There are better ways in native code (or using P/Invoke, but YMMV).

Best regards,

Jens.

--
http://ManagedXLL.net/
Replace MSDN with my first name when replying to my email address!