-   -   Add file to Recent File List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/320942-add-file-recent-file-list.html)

Andy

Add file to Recent File List

This is how to add the current file to the Recent File List in Word:

Sub AddCurrentFileToMRU()
RecentFiles.Add Document:=ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

I can't figure out how to do it in Excel. Any ideas?

TIA,

Andy

[email protected]

Add file to Recent File List

Use the Add method for the RecentFiles Collection Object
From VBE help example :

Application.RecentFiles.Add Name:="Oscar.xls"

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

This is how to add the current file to the Recent File List in Word:

Sub AddCurrentFileToMRU()
RecentFiles.Add Document:=ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

I can't figure out how to do it in Excel. Any ideas?

TIA,

Andy

Andy

Add file to Recent File List

Hadn't been able to find anything in Help that had
"Application.RecentFiles" and "Add", which is why I came here <g.

So I ended up with

Application.RecentFiles.Add Name:=ActiveWorkbook.FullName

Which worked fine.

Thanks Paul

Andy

Use the Add method for the RecentFiles Collection Object
From VBE help example :