-   -   Determining background color of cell, in &H0080FFFF& format? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/319580-determining-background-color-cell-h0080ffff-format.html)

Don Wiss

Determining background color of cell, in &H0080FFFF& format?

I'm finding that the palette of the controls on the Control toolbar is not
the same as the background colors for workbook cells. How can I find the
background color of a cell in the &H0080FFFF& format? Then I can, of
course, simply enter that number in the control's property.

Don <donwiss at panix.com.

Sharad

Determining background color of cell, in &H0080FFFF& format?

Instead of using .ColorIndex use only .Color
Though this will not return in the exact format you asked for, it will
return the colour independent of the pallete.
Try:-
Dim myColor as Long
myColor = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A5").Interior.Color
MsgBox myColor

Sharad

Leo Heuser[_3_]

Determining background color of cell, in &H0080FFFF& format?

Don

Here´s one way:

Select the cell in question and run the below sub
to get the interior color of the cell in the format &H00BBGGRR&

Sub HexColor()
'Leo Heuser, 25-12-2004
Dim ColorRange As Range
Dim Red As Integer, Green As Integer, Blue As Integer

Set ColorRange = Selection

Red = ColorRange.Interior.Color And &HFF
Green = (ColorRange.Interior.Color And CLng(&HFF) * &H100) / &H100
Blue = (ColorRange.Interior.Color And CLng(&HFF) * &H10000) / &H10000
MsgBox "&H00" & _
String(2 - Len(Hex(Blue)), "0") & Hex(Blue) & _
String(2 - Len(Hex(Green)), "0") & Hex(Green) & _
String(2 - Len(Hex(Red)), "0") & Hex(Red) & _
"&"

Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.