-   -   dropdownlist/AdvancedFilter/shared workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/319480-dropdownlist-advancedfilter-shared-workbook.html)

WMR

dropdownlist/AdvancedFilter/shared workbook

Hello,

I always use an AdvancedFilter to get unique record.
The next step is to fill a dropdownlist on a userform. After that
(Combobox_Exit) I fill the rest of de userform with the data of that
customer. This is working for years!

Since I shared the workbook I get an error. I am not allowed to use an
advangedfilter in a shared workbook.

I have two questions:
1. Is there a solution for this problem? There is a lot of functionality in
my sheet using an advancedfilter.
2. Is there an other possibility to get the same result without an
advancedfilter.

I am using Excel 2000.

Thank you.
Willem,
Holland

Debra Dalgleish

dropdownlist/AdvancedFilter/shared workbook

Instead of an Advanced Filter, you can copy the results of an
AutoFilter. To filter for unique values, add a column to the table.

Add a heading, e.g. Unique

In the first row of data, enter a formula to count the occurrence of the
value. For example: =COUNTIF($C$1:C2,C2)=1

Copy the formula down to the last row of data

Then, in your code, filter the Unique column for TRUE, and copy the
column with the unique values (Column C in this example)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

WMR

dropdownlist/AdvancedFilter/shared workbook

Thank you, I will try. I hope it will not slow down my program. There are
over 1.000 records.

Bye