-   -   Work Book Security (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/319457-work-book-security.html)

JE McGimpsey

Work Book Security

No.

You can do various things, such as hide your sheets and unhide them via
code (leaving a single splash sheet saying "You must enable macros").

But protection in XL is very weak. It's a matter of a minute or less to
remove all internal and VBA protection from a workbook, with the right
tools, so you can't force the user to do much of anything...

In article ,
"Brent" wrote:

Is there a way to force someone to enable Macro's before opening up an Excel
file? I'm currently on Office XP. Thanks

Brent[_7_]

Work Book Security

Is there a way to force someone to enable Macro's before opening up an Excel
file? I'm currently on Office XP. Thanks

Sharad

Work Book Security

Well Brent,

The only way to be sure is to be standing behind the users PC and
ensuring that he is enabling macros.

Well jokes apart, you can sign your VBA project digitally and install
your digital certificate on every users PC.

With digitally singed and certificate verified it will not ask user
whether to eanble macros or not, the macros will be simply enabled.

Sharad

JE McGimpsey

Work Book Security

No. In order for code to run to determine whether macros are enabled,
macros have to be enabled...

Note that your current scheme wouldn't prevent anyone from setting the
date back on their machine, and opening a copy of the file.

In article ,
"Brent" wrote:

Thanks for the info. I have some code written that looks at the date and
if it is greater than a value I put in it then it deletes the sheet and
saves file. I'm really new at the VB side. Is there some code that looks
wether Macro's are Enabled? Again thanks for the help.

Brent[_7_]

Work Book Security