-   -   Cannot use .IsBroken property of a Reference object - error 48 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318955-cannot-use-isbroken-property-reference-object-error-48-a.html)

R Avery

Cannot use .IsBroken property of a Reference object - error 48

I am having the same trouble as what is in the following post:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...42e1acb7a21d59

I cannot use the .IsBroken property because an error pops up "Error in
from a project and restore them using addbyfilepath.

For example, in my case, A reference used to exist and it has since been
unregistered and the file replaced with an updated file (which has a new
GUID). The reference is "broken", but in such a way as to be immune
from programmatic deletion. If i try to remove the broken component, I
get the same error that I do using the .IsBroken property.

Is there anyway around this? Any help would be most appreciated.

' This code fails.
Public Sub asldhgh()
Dim ref As VBIDE.Reference, proj As VBProject

For Each proj In Application.VBE.VBProjects
For Each ref In proj.References
If ref.IsBroken Then Debug.Print ref.Name
Next
Next