-   -   Validation List Box Locked (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318715-validation-list-box-locked.html)

Rone[_2_]

Validation List Box Locked

Hey Guys...I need some help. I was in the middle of programming a workbook
to auto populate a cell with a validation list box data. It was working just
fine and I was stepping through the code in debug mode. I don't know what
happened, the code didn't change (at least I can't see where it might have
changed). Now when I click on the cell to bring down the validation drop
list it acts like the cell is locked and won't bring down the data.
Although, the dropdown arrow shows up. I looked in the list and there are
values that should show up, I just can't get to them.

How can I fix this?
--
Rone

Dave Peterson[_5_]

Validation List Box Locked

Just a guess.

Are you using xl97?

Did you apply window|freeze panes?

If yes to both of these, remove the freeze panes. It's been fixed in xl2k.

Rone wrote:

Hey Guys...I need some help. I was in the middle of programming a workbook
to auto populate a cell with a validation list box data. It was working just
fine and I was stepping through the code in debug mode. I don't know what
happened, the code didn't change (at least I can't see where it might have
changed). Now when I click on the cell to bring down the validation drop
list it acts like the cell is locked and won't bring down the data.
Although, the dropdown arrow shows up. I looked in the list and there are
values that should show up, I just can't get to them.

How can I fix this?
--
Rone

--

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish

Validation List Box Locked

Are you using a named list? Did the list name change, or is it spelled
incorrectly in the code?

Rone wrote:
Hey Guys...I need some help. I was in the middle of programming a workbook
to auto populate a cell with a validation list box data. It was working just
fine and I was stepping through the code in debug mode. I don't know what
happened, the code didn't change (at least I can't see where it might have
changed). Now when I click on the cell to bring down the validation drop
list it acts like the cell is locked and won't bring down the data.
Although, the dropdown arrow shows up. I looked in the list and there are
values that should show up, I just can't get to them.

How can I fix this?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List