-   -   PivotTable Object - Unable to get the name property (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318437-pivottable-object-unable-get-name-property.html)

Alan

PivotTable Object - Unable to get the name property

Hi All,

I am having difficulties obtaining properties of a pivottable.

I am using the following code to illustrate:

Sub Test()

Dim MyPivot As PivotTable

Set MyPivotTables = Worksheets("Sheet3").PivotTables

End Sub

I have a single pivottable on Sheet3.

If I step into that code, MyPivotTables is created as the PivotTables
collection on sheet 3 correctly.

If I then check the count property of MyPivotTables in the locals
window it is 1 - as expected.

Staying in the locals window, I then go to Item1 of the collection,
and open it up.

However, if I look at the Name property, it reads:

"Unable to get the name property of the pivottable class"

I have explicitly named the pivottable manually (right click on the
pivottable, table options, name - set to "ABCPivotXYZ"), but still get
the same message in locals.

It is the same for any number of other properties of that Item1
(pivottable) in the locals window.

Can anyone explain this to me, and more to the point, how to I access
those properties?

Thanks,

Alan.