-   -   Cell formatting question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318436-cell-formatting-question.html)

Wexler[_2_]

Cell formatting question

I need to put dollar values into narrow columns in excel.
If I format it as general or currency, it tuns into "##" in the cell
and doesn't go over the cell boundary.
Only if I format it as text and manually add the "$" then it extends
over the cell boundary.
I am using excel 2000.

Any way around this?

TIA

Frank Kabel

Cell formatting question

Hi
no, that's just the way how it works. You can apply Autofit to the
column width though

--
Regards
Frank Kabel