-   -   Saving Workbook with Variable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318224-saving-workbook-variable.html)

JJ

Saving Workbook with Variable

I have been trying to figure out how to save or open a workbook using a
variable. I keep getting the error "Type-declaration character doesn't match
declared data type". Here is an example of what i am trying to do:

Dim y as string
y = Range("A1")
ChDir "G:the current directory\" & z&
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:= _
"G:the current directory\" & z & "\" & y&

tony

Saving Workbook with Variable

I think you might need double quote marks at the end of the line. One thing I
do is even set the Directory to a variable and use like:

MyDir = "\\YadaYada\SomeFolder\"
MyWrkbName = "My File.xls"

Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyDir & MyWrkbName & ""

"JJ" wrote:

I have been trying to figure out how to save or open a workbook using a
variable. I keep getting the error "Type-declaration character doesn't match
declared data type". Here is an example of what i am trying to do:

Dim y as string
y = Range("A1")
ChDir "G:the current directory\" & z&
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:= _
"G:the current directory\" & z & "\" & y&

Dmoney

Saving Workbook with Variable

Try this

Dim y As String
y = Range("A1")
ChDir "d:the current directory\" & z & ""

.