-   -   Macro to update based on format? (Currency) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318221-macro-update-based-format-currency.html)

Cindy

Macro to update based on format? (Currency)

Hi,

Wondering if someone might be able to help? We have a catalog with 50+
sheets. All sheets have different column layouts for printing
purposes. We need to update the price by a certain % regularly. Is
there someway to create a macro that would identify a cell for
currency format and then multiply it by a percentage from a set
sheet/cell?

I'm new at this and this is just an idea I had not sure if it's
possible but any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Cindy

Jared

Macro to update based on format? (Currency)

For each sh in ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
For each entry in sh.UsedRange.Cells
If entry.numerformat="currency" Then entry=entry*.2
Next Entry
Next Sh

I'm not sure if you use the word "currency" or something else, but this is
the basic idea
"Cindy" wrote:

Hi,

Wondering if someone might be able to help? We have a catalog with 50+
sheets. All sheets have different column layouts for printing
purposes. We need to update the price by a certain % regularly. Is
there someway to create a macro that would identify a cell for
currency format and then multiply it by a percentage from a set
sheet/cell?

I'm new at this and this is just an idea I had not sure if it's
possible but any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Cindy

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Macro to update based on format? (Currency)

I thin k you will need something like

If entry.NumberFormat like "$*0.00" Then entry.Value = entry.Value *
1.02

--

HTH

RP