-   -   Calculated Error Bars? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318218-calculated-error-bars.html)

Robert Smith[_2_]

Calculated Error Bars?

I have a spreadsheet containing 93 columns, of which 30 are standard
deviations on the means stored in other columns. I have code to
generate a range of graphs from this, and I want to show two standard
deviations as error bars. I can show ONE standard deviation simply by
selecting the column, but nothing I've yet tried has worked to double
this. I kinda hoped a simple *2 screwed on the end would do the trick,
but no dice.

As I said, I have 30 columns like this, and I really don't want to add
another 30 columns just to double the 30 I have. Likewise, I don't
want to mess with the content of the 30, as it reduces flexibility and
repeatability.

So, is there any way that I can use a formula to set error bars to
twice the value of a column?

Robert Smith