-   -   Mouse Over Graph, Capture Information on Click(Double Click) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318137-mouse-over-graph-capture-information-click-double-click.html)

Dean Hinson[_3_]

Mouse Over Graph, Capture Information on Click(Double Click)

What I have is a worksheet with a variety of charts. I have protected the
spreadsheet so that the users can't mess it up by accident or intentially.
However, I need to be able to capture the information that is displayed when
the user mouses over a bar on the chart, so that when the chart is clicked, I
can use that data to create/goto a subsequent drilldown chart on another
worksheet.

I believe by protecting the primary worksheet, excel/vba will not allow me
to capture of the mouse over information. Is there a way I can do this
without exposing the worksheet to potential modiciation from end-users?

Jon Peltier[_9_]

Mouse Over Graph, Capture Information on Click(Double Click)

Dean -

A chart's events will not fire unless the chart is activated. However, you can allow
activation of a chart without allowing changes. Check out the ProtectContents,
ProtectFormatting, and ProtectData properties of a chart.

If you need help to get the chart information, try one of these:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/Ge...ChartSheet.zip
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/GetXYonAnyChart.zip

- Jon
-------