-   -   Saving file with text and csv (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318081-saving-file-text-csv.html)

Dave Peterson[_5_]

Saving file with text and csv

You could write your own exporter. Here are three sites that you could steal
some code from:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

(or maybe you could build your own formula and copy|paste into Notepad.)

In G1:
=a1
In G2:
=a2&","&b2&","&c2&","&d2&","&e2&","&f2
then drag down.

You may need to insert additional quotes or formatting:

=a2&","&text(b2,"mm/dd/yyyy")&....

ron wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to use a macro that will save my files with the first row as a
text label and succeeding rows as msdos.csv.
The first row only contains text in cell A1, describing the files content.
The file uses six columns.
When I save the file as msdos.csv only I end up with a comma for each unused
cell in row 1 and I have to then open the file in a text editor and remove
the extra commas in row one, before the file can be imported into the next
application.
As always any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Ron Lea